Monday, July 27

The loss is too much for words. We talked by phone just last week and hope was up, so I'm a bit devastated by the news. I can remember the day 50 years ago this summer I met Don on the beach in front of MYC and we've been best friends ever since. He was like a twin brother to me as we grew up together and I couldn't imagine a more loyal and dependable lifelong friend. He was there to share every important moment in my life. 
It's hard to accept that I can't just pick up the phone and hear his voice and look forward to our next adventure. I have 50 years of memories that right now make me sad they've been cut short, but eventually will make me glad to have had him as my closest friend.  
I'd like to share an old photo from childhood that I found a couple of years ago on a home movie. It expresses that irrepressible joy and spirit of life our good friend and brother shared with us. Maybe there's a good way to share more by posting them online...
Best to all.
michael@harrington.com

No comments:

Post a Comment