Thursday, July 30

Donnie..... I remember one of the first times I met Don was at a fire on the beach down from the Sinnotts house. Up the beach from the house and just by the inlet to South Jamesport Marina.We were sitting around the fire when a giant figure appeared in the shadows walking toward the fire. As he drew closer a towering figure with the ball cap and the lukewarm six pack under his arm(it amazes me the lack of the use of a cooler we employed for years). As I sat on the sand he looked about 7 feet tall. Jeff did proper introductions and he put out this mitt of a hand for me to shake. Don sat next to me and started a conversation as if I had been his lifelong friend. Don always made me feel that way whenever we would see each other. More memories are starting to appear in my old head and all are of a big caring lug who I will miss dearly. Mike O'Regan

1 comment:

  1. I'm willing to wager the six pack was Schmidt's, purchased for $1.05 at Wilbur's.

    Any takers?

    ReplyDelete