Tuesday, July 28

Just another example of the kind of guy he was...... Don and I were doing a multi-boat sailing charter from Fort lauderdale to Bimini in the Bahamas. You would leave at night so you could arrive in the morning light. Well, the wind was light so the boats were motoring, I think there were four boats, suddenly my boats engine starts to overheat. So I have to cut the engine and drift in the middle of the gulf stream at night with a novice crew and figure out my problem. Now Don who was probably a 1/4 mile ahead of me, could have been in his own world and just disappeared into the night, but no. Within minutes, as he saw my lights fading further behind, I get a call on the VHF radio, Its Don, wondering how I'm doing and if everythings O.K . He stopped his boat and waited while I got my situation straightened out. That's the kind of guy he was. Rob Gannon

No comments:

Post a Comment