Monday, August 3

Don's B-day

It was Don's birthday yesterday and I know he never wanted to draw attention to himself on his birthday. On his 40th I almost had to force him to let us celebrate with a party at my Mom's house. Last year, when he and Missy came up to Mattituck, he left on Aug 1 and I protested that he was leaving the day before we could celebrate. Then he told me since he was a kid he always wanted his birthday to go unnoticed. Why? At MYC on your birthday everybody else would gang up on you and throw you in the water - in the bay if you were lucky or in the smelly, snapping turtle-infested creek if not. My b-day was after Labor Day in mid-Sept, so I dodged the bullet all those years, but Paul, Randy, and Don all had summer birthdays. Don knew on Aug 2 they were laying in wait for him and he dreaded getting tossed in that creek! I think he'd be happy to know our Yankees' Melky Cabrera hit for the cycle in honor of him yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment